If you are in a hurry and only want to find out what the best spindle sander is, we recommend the Delta Woodworking 31-483 Oscillating Counter Spindle Sander as being the best one.
You are going to certainly understand the price of a spindle sander if you have ever received cramps in both hands and wrists from hours of sanding the sophisticated curves on a carpentry project. An oscillating spindle sander can offer a precision finish without the fatigue of sanding by hand and it will complete the task a great deal faster too. With regards to sanding those curves, there is no substitute for getting your hands on the best benchtop oscillating spindle sanders in 2020 available.
You need to go through our oscillating spindle sander reviews and buyer’s guide before investing your tough-earned profit a spindle sander, whether you are a professional woodworker or a hobbyist.
No worry. Here is the way we can help:
We’ll provide you with tips on what benefits and features to consider.
You can compare the benefits and features of 8 best rated oscillating spindle sanders
You’ll see techniques to some of the most common questions about spindle sander employs
You will be well enough known to make a qualified decision when it comes to making a obtain.
With those goals in mind, let’s compare the best tabletop oscillating spindle sanders on the market.
8 Best Oscillating Spindle Sanders
Quick Comparison: Best Spindle Sanders For The Money In 2020
|Image|| Name||Weight||Warranty||More Info
|Delta Woodworking 31-483 Heavy-Duty Oscillating Bench Spindle Sander|| 84 pounds|| 5 Years||See It Now|
|WEN AT6535 3.5-Amp Oscillating Spindle Sander||33.5 pounds|| 2-years||See It Now|
|Triton TSPS450 3.5Amp Cast Iron Top Oscillating Spindle Sander|| 32.2 pounds|| 3- years||See It Now|
|JET 708404 JBOS-5 5-1/2 Inch 1/2 Horsepower Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sander|| 80 pounds|| 5 years||See It Now|
|Fox W1831 1/2 HP Single Phase Oscillating Spindle Sander|| 34 pounds|| 2-years||See It Now|
|Grizzly Industrial G0538 - 1/3 HP Oscillating Spindle Sander|| 35.6 pounds|| 2 years||See It Now|
|Ridgid EB4424 Sander, Oscillating/Edge Belt|| 44.6 pounds|| 3 years||See It Now|
|POWERTEC OS1400 2.6 Amp Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sander|| 31.5 pounds|| Not Specified||See It Now|
What Is A Spindle Sander
Designed to create the level and smooth surface finishes to pieces of wood, the oscillating spindle sander is typically suited for curved or thorough edges. You no longer have to use a worn-out piece of massage and sandpaper out at a piece of timber.
Featuring a cylindrical drum, the spindle sander uses a piece of gritty sandpaper that allows it to smooth on the inside hole cuts, hard curved edges, and saw marks.
The spindle sander works with a steady, oscillating drum rotation moving down and up during its revolutions. This movement halts static friction that can cause band burns and marks on the hardwood. Plus, it propagates out the wear in the sanding sleeve over a wide surface area improving its lifespan.
Accessible in a variety of sizes, you can buy a spindle sander as a portable model, benchtop model, and even as floor equipment. With floor versions, you are getting a larger and a lot more expensive spindle sander that is usually only used for large business projects.
Hand-held and counter-top models usually take up a lot less room and are perfect for do-it-yourself projects at home.
A portable hand-held spindle sander looks similar to an ordinary sander. The only real big difference is the spindle that sticks out listed below.
To create a flat, even, and smooth complete, you only need to run the spindle across the curved edges of the wood. It also works faster than a typical spindle sander employing its up and down action for easy sanding of small, detailed regions that won’t harm the wood.
An oscillating spindle sander is a perfect tool if you want to add a smooth complete to any wood project.
Best Oscillating Spindle Sanders With Testimonials For Fine Wood Working
1.Delta Woodworking 31-483 Heavy-Duty Oscillating Bench Spindle Sander Evaluation
The most heavy-duty sander to remember is the Delta Woodworking 31-483 Oscillating Spindle Sander. The durable, precision performance of this system is provided for having an all-aluminum base and 14 ¾” cast metal table. It utilizes a single-phase, ½ HP motor to work this sander at 1725 RPMs, rendering it run a bit much cooler and it has a 15/16” stroke at 29 oscillations per minute, providing for any better length of use on the sleeves.
Additional features on this oscillating spindle sander boost its value and include a 2 ¼” dust port (expandable to 4”), and as much as 45-education tilting table, and 5 interchangeable spindles from ¼” approximately 2”. The onboard storage of washers and spindles and discs is provided for, causing them to be easily available for easy and quick change out. This unit is also guaranteed by a 5 12 months warranty.
Despite this getting considered a heavy-duty spindle sander, it’s relatively modest, but not small enough to really make it convenient. The weight makes it difficult to shift it from spot to location and thinking of it to be portable will be a mistake. Many customers either hated the tiny size or despised the weight considering the smaller size which is anything to consider.
Another obvious problem is there is no 3” spindle available. For a heavy-duty oscillating spindle sander, this is a large deterrence and something that diehard professionals depend on.
- The long-lasting steel construction on this sander with its cast iron table offers it greater endurance and dependability
- This unit has a 2 ¼” dust slot with an adaptor to grow it to 4 inches.
- The 45-degree tilting table adds an additional valuable feature to the sander
- It is a fantastic buy given its overall features
- It is actually backed by among the best warranties in the industry at 5 years
- This sander comes in 85 pounds, which makes it far from portable.
- There is no 3” spindle provided by this unit, which is actually a big drawback for the heavy-responsibility unit
2.WEN 6510 Oscillating Spindle Sander Review-Cheap Spindle Sander
The compact design and quiet functioning of the WEN 6510 Oscillating Spindle Sander make short operate of contours, other, contours, and arcs odd shapes. It’s ½ HP 3.5 Amp motor generates 58 oscillations with a 5/8 inch stroke and 2000 RPMs to increase the process of sanding minus the fatigue of doing it by hand. Along with the sander are 6 straightforward-to-change drums from ½” to 3” for greater versatility and they can be held in a specially designed owner on the back of the system.
Also included is a 1 ½” dust dock, which is compatible with a dust extractor to keep your workspace thoroughly clean while you work and minimizing cleanup after. It weighs in at only 35 pounds along its small footprint enable you to use it without taking on a lot of workplaces. In addition, there is a national network of skilled service technicians to assist if you need it, and also the unit is reinforced by a 2-year warranty.
- This oscillating spindle sander is easy and quick to work with
- Storage of spindles and washers, and sleeves are all within easy reach on the unit by itself.
- It is set up for the dust extractor
- It is quiet to operate
- This unit comes with a 2-year warranty
- This is an entry-level sander
- Even though the motor is capable of managing most jobs, it is actually a little underpowered for others.
- The plastic situation of this unit, making it lighter weight, might be a probable weak point.
3.Triton TSPS450 Oscillating Spindle Sander Review
Stability and improved material support for a larger stock are a part of what draws awareness of the Triton TSPS450 Oscillating Spindle Sander. The cast metal table on this sander measures 11 ½” x 14 ½” and provides a more stable surface to work on. The oscillating spindle spins at 2000 RPMs and moves 5/8” in oscillation at a rate of 58 PMS. It is powered with a ½ HP, 3.5 Amp electric motor for quieter operation. It comes with the versatility of 6 rubber drums and sanding sleeves at sizes from ½” up to 3” in diameter, which all can be stored on board the unit itself.
This unit weighs just under 36 pounds and has a small enough footprint to be used on your workbench without taking up much space. Its easy setup and operation turn it into a great sander for novices, but it still does the work that a professional needs.
- The learning curve for setting up and using this unit is pretty very low
- Changing out sleeves and accessories is pretty simple.
- This device is lightweight and contains a small footprint therefore it does not take up much space in storage or on your workbench
- This unit works well on small to the middle of-sized assignments and is affordable on most budgets
- This unit does not come with a dust port
- Its motor is pretty lightweight when it comes to bigger jobs
- It is really pretty minimal in what it can give
4.JET 708404 JBOS-5 5-1/2 ” 1/2 HP Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sander Review
Built for durability and reliable performance, the JET 708404 JBOS- Oscillating Spindle Sander is a tool that you will have the satisfaction of using for a long time. A 14 ¾” square cast iron table sits atop a base constructed of durable metal for higher stability and endurance. Its single period ½ HP induction motor powers the spindle on this device at 2000 pm and it has a full 1” spindle stroke for longer wear and less friction.
Additional features of this heavyweight include 5 different spindle sizes from ¼” to 2”, but it will allow for a 3” drum (not included) with spindle and washer storage on the model itself. This oscillating spindle sander also features a tilting table for bevel sanding, that will tilt up to 45-degrees as well as a 2” dust dock for keeping your work environment clean is also a part of the package.
- The sturdy durable system of this base can make it more stable and allows for less shake for greater accuracy and control
- Its quiet motor produces plenty of power for mid-scaled and larger tasks.
- It comes with the versatility of 5 different spindle sizes
- This sander includes a dust port
- The tilting deck is also pretty convenient for some projects
- For its power featuring, it is a little bit pricey.
- It does not feature a 3” spindle.
- Not side-to-side adjustment, although it allows for front-to-back adjustment.
5.Shop Fox W1831 1/2 HP Single Cycle Oscillating Spindle Sander Review
The Shop Fox W1831 Oscillating Spindle Sander is powerful, long-lasting, and quiet. This unit is powered by a 3.5 amp, single phase, ½ Hewlett Packard motor, which works its spindle at 2000 RPMs and oscillates 5/8” at 58 pm. The durable cast iron desk top on this sander measures 15” by 11 ½” and sits on a light in weight base, making it a transportable 30 pounds.
Amongst the other features of this unit is a built-in 1 ½” dust slot to help keep your workspace tidy and 6 different spindles from ½” to 3” for greater adaptability. Spindle and washer storage are all onboard the unit for easy access when it comes time to alter accessories. Safety is an additional feature on this unit with a locking strength switch and easily removed key, preventing crashes and unauthorized entry. It also comes with a 2-year warranty.
- In spite of becoming portable and lightweight, this unit is very stable and durable.
- Setup and ease of use are pluses of this unit also
- The included dust port is a function to boost the value of this sander
- It has a small footprint that will not take up a lot of workbench space.
- It comes in a very affordable price stage and is backed by way of a 2-year warranty
- The motor of this device will bog down with too much pressure.
- The dust port is a little bit small at 1 ½”
- The oscillating range of 5/8” foliage a little something being desired.
6.Grizzly G0538 1/3 HP Oscillating Spindle Sander Evaluation
The larger table area on this Grizzly G0538 Oscillating Spindle Sander is one of its key attractions because it enables you to work with larger inventory. The cast steel table on this sander measures in at 20” x 14” and sets with a lightweight base, rendering it fully portable. It includes a 4 amp, 1/3 HP, the single period motor that powers its spindle at 1725 RPMs, which makes it run cooler and its particular oscillator moves 5/8” for a price of 72 pm.
This oscillating spindle sander is light in weight 35 pounds by using a small footprint both for workspace portability and conservation. It comes with 6 spindles from ½” to 3” for great versatility in sanding and all accessories, which include drums, discs and washers can be saved onboard for easy and quick entry. A 2 ½” dust port is provided on this machine and it comes with a securing safety tab.
- The larger table top-rated for larger supply is certainly a valuable characteristic.
- It is portable and light-weight, taking up less workbench space
- It comes with 6 drums for greater versatility.
- The 2 ½” dust port is additionally an added plus.
- This really is a very affordable unit on the majority of budgets
- The plastic base development calls durability into question.
- Though it is usually quiet, there is a whining sound whenever a dust particles extractor is linked to the dust port
- It really is pretty underpowered at 1/3 HP and is also better suited for enthusiasts more than professionals.
7.Ridgid EB4424 Sander, Oscillating/Edge Belt Review-Oscillating Belt And Spindle Sander Reviews
The two in one purpose of the Rigid EB4424 Oscillating spindle Sander makes it a bit more attractive for those who prefer a multi-purpose tool. This sander allows for straight or beveled edge sanding of straight or curved edges based upon how it is modified. It is powered from a 5 amp, ¾ HP motor, which operates the sander at 1725 RPMs on the spindle and 1350 RPMs on the belt reducing its friction ratio to maintain things cooler. The oscillation of this model is a ¾” cerebrovascular accident at 60 pm, which helps it to conserve sandpaper wear. The table on this device can be adjusted as much as 48-degrees for beveled sides as well.
This sander comes with a 4” x 24” belt in addition to 5 sanding sleeves and drums from ½” up to 2” in diameter. Also included in the design of this lightweight, multi-purpose unit is actually a large-capacity dust particles port to keep your workspace cleaner and for speedier cleanup when you accomplish it. With two capabilities in a single unit, the price-point on this sander is extremely affordable.
- The dual functionality of buckle sanding and spindle sanding is certainly a serious plus.
- This system comes with a sanding buckle as well as 5 spindle sizes for higher versatility.
- The tilting table goes up to 48-levels.
- A large capacity dirt port makes is yet another added plus
- The price of this unit, when compared with buying two diverse machines, is extremely affordable
- Its accomplish leaves something to get desired, even though the general build of the kitchen table is decent.
- There is no onboard storage for this particular unit’s accessories.
- It is actually made in Taiwan, which probably explains the above-mentioned issues.
8.POWERTEC OS1400 14? Oscillating Spindle Sander Overview
Affordable is a significant selling point for that POWERTEC OS1400 Oscillating Spindle Sander. This unit has a 14” diameter sanding dinner table made of cast steel. It is powered by way of a 2.6 amp, induction motor, which powers the spindle on this unit at 1800 RPMs, helping to prevent scorching. The oscillation on this machine includes a 5/8” stroke and a speed of 30 ppm, which also prevents burning your stock and ruining your finish off.
Features that are incorporated on this sander are 6 spindles from ½” to 3” in diameter for greater versatility, a built-in dust port for a cleaner workspace, and onboard storage of discs, washers, and spindles for quicker and easier gain access to when it comes time to transform them out. At only 31 pounds, with a small footprint, so these small spindle sanders take up little workbench space and is extremely portable.
- This sander is simple to put together and operate, even for the novice user
- It comes with a spacious working kitchen table made of cast metal
- It comes with 6 measurements of spindles around 3” for higher versatility.
- Its dust particles port is an added plus.
- It comes at a most affordable price of any of the sanders in this review
- The dust particles port is metric instead of in ins, which makes finding the right hose more difficult
- Its development is a little bit cheap, bringing durability into question
- Matching the right sanding discs on the right spindles can be one thing of a challenge
- Truly only works well for enthusiasts or those with few projects
Buyers Guideline: Best Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sanders
What benefits can you count on from a spindle sander Or What Is A Spindle Sander Used For?
The potential for less precision was more likely also, though, before spindle sanders, round sides had to be sanded by hand, not only was it a more labor-intensive process. Those issues change when an oscillating spindle sander is within your shop.
A spindle sander decreases strain and fatigue.
Hand sanding needs a lot of elbow grease because the old-timers would say. Though elbow grease might build character, it also produces a lot of strain and exhaustion in your hand, arm, arm, and arm. The exhaustion of hand sanding slows down getting your project finished and might even cause you to not do an adequate job of sanding.
A spindle sander works speedier and with greater precision.
The oscillation has a constant stroke and the curvature of the drum is consistent, you get increased precision when you fine sand with less of a chance of over-sanding or under-sanding in certain regions because the sander drum turns at a consistent speed. In addition, all those consistencies work faster than sanding yourself, especially when you consider possessing to go back and fix faults.
What Features In The Event You Look For In A Spindle Sander?
Being able to choose the best oscillating spindle sanders will depend upon your needs, personal choices, and what your financial allowance can handle. Where those criteria may vary from one individual to another, there are some general features to bear in mind when choosing the spindle sander that will function best for you. Let’s take a quick look at all those features, which include:
Spindle sander motors typically run from ½ to 1 HP. Your oscillating spindle sander will be a better and highly effective ability to withstand an increased workload, but a reduced HP motor is often the better choice when it comes to lighter weight precision work. The more important result of the way your sander is operated is related to RPMs, which may speed up the sanding process.
Weight and Dimensions:
Balance is important when considering dimensions and weight. Though you would like a lighter unit if you have to move it around a lot, a heavier machine gives greater stability and fewer vibration. The most important factor is the dimensions of the sanding table, even though when it comes to working, sizes and storage space are definitely considerations. You will want a greater table to accommodate all those larger pieces if you work with wider and longer stock. That larger table, which can be typically made of cast iron, is going to drastically add to the overall bodyweight of the unit also.
Most oscillating spindle sanders come with various measurements of drums for different types of curves and applications. With more add-ons included, you are furnished with greater versatility. Additionally, consider how and where these accessories can be kept for quick access, after all, who wants to stop-go and working look for a different sanding drum in the bottom of your toolbox (if you’re privileged).
Altering out the sleeves and attachments of various grit sizes and types can also be something to keep in mind. There really should not be many different ways to make this complicated, yet some producers find a way. Sleeves should easily move onto the drums and simply lock in place without a lot of effort. Shifting the drums ought to be a relatively simple project as well.
Even though there is not much to your spindle sander, there are a few additional features you might keep an eye out for. Such as:
- A safety shutoff paddle
- A longer oscillation cerebrovascular accident helps to save sandpaper and avoids friction.
- A dust harbor, which helps to keep your work area clean of debris.
- A tilting kitchen table, which allows you to sand on an edge.
Commonly Asked Questions (FAQs):
Many users who definitely are considering oscillating spindle sanders have very similar questions to ask concerning a variety of aspects of spindle sanders. We will address some of the questions in this segment.
How important can be a 3” drum?
Plenty of spindle sanders only provide a drum as much as 2” while others supply larger drums. If this sounds like the only issue splitting you between purchasing one model more than another, it is best to just purchase the 3” drum, even though the difference can be quite a matter of budget. The 3” drum saves time and wears about the sandpaper sheets and it is the one most often made use of by those who work with spindle sanders on a daily basis.
Is it possible to get replacement sleeves and parts for the oscillating spindle sander?
Rubber drums usually do not last forever and neither do sleeves, so getting replacement components is a pretty necessary component of owning and using a spindle sander. Just before purchasing a spindle sander, it pays to look around at your local components and home improvement stores to determine which additional, sizes and brands of accessories you are able to get your hands on without having to sit down and wait with an order to come in.
Is a dust port really necessary on the oscillating spindle sander?
Many woodworking instruments come with a dust slot, which helps to clear away debris from the operating surface while you job. the saws and planers like because the trash are often slivers and chunks of wood as well as dust, this is particularly necessary when it comes to planers. Since a spindle sander does not have larger debris, many companies do not include a dust particles port. However, in terms of precision woodworking and keeping your work region clean, a dust port makes a great deal of sense.
Is a tilting dinner table necessary on an oscillating spindle sander?
Though it is not used quite a lot of the time, there are times when sanding needs to be done in a particular direction. Many users make wooden sine plates or wedges using a particular angle and utilize them on a level table to achieve a similar effect to what could possibly be accomplished with a tilting table. It can be very easily adjusted to different degrees of tilt, but you will need several sine plates with different angles on them and you should keep track of them,. That’s the advantage of the tilting table over these sine plates.
Any kind of typical safety issues to be aware of when using an oscillating spindle sander?
It can be dangerous to operate if not used appropriately, as simple and non-threatening being a spindle sander is. There are four certain spindle sander security rules to be aware of:
- Lengthy hair or reduce clothing can get covered up in the spindle
- Feedstock from right to left so that you have more control.
- Do not hit too hard into the spindle as it can grab the transfer and board the force of your spindle into slinging the board into you or other folks nearby.
- Do not reduce stock with a pit in it over a spinning spindle for the same cause we just mentioned. When sanding a hole, make sure that the machine is away and the sanding drum is significantly smaller than the hole.
Following common sense and these few protection tips, you can run an oscillating spindle sander without causing damage to you or other individuals nearby.
Selecting the best oscillating spindle sanders in 2020 to meet your needs, individual preferences and price range can be something of a challenge. Fortunately, our buyer’s guide and reviews of the 8 best spindle sanders should provide you with enough information to make a lot more qualified decision when considering the time to make your buy.
In our oscillating spindle sander reviews, we looked mostly at bench-leading models which could give lightweight to large-duty spindle sanding. Within those reviews, considerations of price, versatility, power, durability, and total functionality were actually compared.
Some of the designs we looked at included more of these characteristics in their design than the others while maintaining a balance involving value and the cost of investment.
No doubt some of the sanders we analyzed were more appealing than others for various motives, but all in all, you should be able to create a well-certified purchasing decision with regards to time to reduce exhaustion and provide a more rapidly, more precise complete of an oscillating spindle sander.
We also have the best tile saw critiques, best chainsaw mill reviews, best cordless jigsaw reviews, finest worm drive rounded saw reviews, best track saw evaluations, and best sawhorse testimonials with buying guide. We think you’ll love it. Feel free to read it.
Maybe you would also like to learn: Best Chainsaw Mills For Milling
Jerome T has tested home security systems in his own apartment, installed GPS trackers in his own car, and watched her cat, Toki, nap all day through a live nanny cam feed. As an expert reviewer, he believes that firsthand experience is the best way to learn about new products (even if it requires being the guinea pig).And a huge Nascar fan who loves to go camping and enjoys the outdoors.